With so many sunscreens on the market, how do you know which sunscreen is right for you?
Tips for Choosing the Right Sunscreen (according to the American Academy of Dermatology) :
Sunscreens should have:
- Broad-spectrum coverage (UVA and UVB protection)
- SPF 30 or higher
- Water resistance
Tips to maximize your protection against harmful UV rays:
- Re-apply the sunscreen every two hours when outdoors or immediately after going into water or excessive sweating from exercise.
- Apply sunscreen 15-30 minutes prior to going outdoors.
- Avoid extreme sun exposure between the hours of 10:00am and 2:00pm
- Wear sun-protective clothing such as hats, sunglasses, lightweight long sleeves and pants.