Additional Details about Telemedicine:
To watch a YouTube video of how to do this click here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ15jcAPolM
When you make your appointment, you will be prompted to enter a valid email address. Instructions on how to login and create your portal through our medical program (EMA) will be sent to the email provided. You will need either an iPhone or Android device to download the an app called PocketPatient (recommended). Another option is to use your desktop/ laptop computer with a webcam; you can access your portal with any internet browser but Google Chrome is preferred.
You will be sent an email with a username and our practice URL. Click the link in the email, which will then prompt you to another screen to create a password for your patient portal.
Once you have created a password, you can login to your portal to see your upcoming appointment.
Please be ready 10 minutes prior to your appointment time in case you experience any technical difficulties. If you are having trouble setting up, please call the office so we can assist you before the appointment begins.
When the provider is ready for the appointment to begin, you will receive an email saying the provider is “on,” and you can now go to your portal and join the video session. You will have 10 minutes to join the session before it expires and the provider will need to resend the invitation. In the app or browser, there will be a button that reads “Join Video Visit.” This will begin your virtual session with the provider.
- It is best if someone else is in the room to help hold the phone with the camera, preferably use an iphone or android so you can use features: camera, flashlight, and ability to maneuver the phone with ease.
- You cannot be on the phone with someone else while you’re doing the telederm visit. The audio will then be disabled and you will not be able to hear us.
- If using desktop/laptop best to use Google Chrome and then Firefox, (Safari does not support this).
For patients experiencing urgent dermatology related issues we are:
- Having patients wait in their car for their appointment after reporting in at the front desk
- Disinfecting exam rooms after each patient leaves
- Disinfecting all areas of our office throughout the day including door knobs/handles, handrails, pens, clipboards, chairs, countertops, etc.
- Screening patients in advance: those who have COVID-19 or have been exposed to COVID-19 before they come in the office are provided alternate ways to receive treatment, rather than coming in the office.
- Utilizing protective masks, gloves, and goggles (if needed).
- Asking all staff members who exhibit symptoms to remain at home, and having as many staff members as possible work from home remotely.
- Offering sanitizing gel to staff and patients
- Asking family members to wait in their cars, if possible.