Men’s Cosmetic Treatments
Men’s cosmetic treatments have become increasingly more popular in recent months, as the COVID-19 pandemic has changed work habits to include more telework than ever before. With more teleconferencing, men have become more aware of their facial appearance and are choosing to invest in cosmetic treatments that will support their presentation of themselves and boost their confidence.
The growing popularity of men’s cosmetic treatments is not just a recent trend, however. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons’, more than 1.3 million men received cosmetic treatments in the United States in 2018. This number reflects a 29% increase of these treatments for men over the past twenty years. BOTOX® Cosmetic in particular has become more commonly used, with a 310% increase in treatments for men since 2000.
For men looking to improve fine lines, diminish the appearance of veins, brown spot removal, and so much more, board-certified and acclaimed dermatological surgeon Dr. Bajoghli has extensive experience designing and implementing the cosmetic changes men need. There are subtle differences between male and female faces, including in the eyebrow and lips, that Dr. Bajoghli is uniquely qualified as a laser specialist to understand and treat. If you are interested in learning more about the services our dermatologists offer to men, feel free to call us at (703) 893-1114.
What kind of cosmetic treatments are available for me?
At Skin and Laser Dermatology Center, we offer a number of different cosmetic treatments with our experienced team and under the specialized care of Dr. Bajoghli. Some of our most popular cosmetic treatments for men are included below:
- Botox® for men includes reducing and removing frown lines and fine lines, jawline slimming, and improving the appearance of a gummy smile.
- Juvéderm® Volbella is the #1 selling collection of hyaluronic acid fillers in the U.S. and is used to create fuller, youthful looking lips, when the lips are either naturally thin or have thinned with age.
- Juvéderm® Voluma is a cosmetic filler that contours the face and reduces the appearance of aging by restoring cheeks to their natural, full state.
- Restylane Defyne (filler) improves deep laugh lines by increasing facial elasticity that has been lost with age. The result is a more youthful, natural-looking appearance.
- Laser hair removal permanently reduces unwanted hair from all parts of the body, leaving the skin smooth and soft.
- Venus Viva microneedling reduces signs of skin damage and improves the color and texture of facial skin to create a healthier complexion.
- Facial vein removal can be done using laser technology that is safe and effective, with most cases resolving in just one to two sessions.
What if I am interested in a service not listed above?
Our website lists the cosmetic services we currently offer but if you would like to discuss your options with us in person, or to discuss a treatment you would like but do not currently see listed, please give us a call at (703) 893-1114.
Are the cosmetic procedures listed above surgical procedures?
The procedures listed above are all non-invasive or minimally invasive procedures which can be done safely, efficiently, and with minimal discomfort in our office. The recovery time can range from days to a few weeks depending on the procedure but our team will follow-up after each procedure to ensure satisfactory results.
Frequently Asked Questions
Skin & Laser Dermatology Center treats patients for all skin care concerns, including skin cancer surgery, cosmetic dermatology, sclerotherapy, laser peels, laser hair removal, hyperhidrosis, rosacea, and acne treatments.
Our Clients Say
My eyelid surgery results for the facial wrinkles look very natural. Very skilled dermatologic surgeon.
Dr. Bajoghli always has time for his patients, you never feel that he is rushing you and after you leave if you have any concerns he is very responsive to the point of giving out his cell phone number. I can’t say enough about him and his staff.
Nurse Rassmussen answers all of my questions, listens to my concerns, examines my skin, goes over my treatment protocol and gets me out the door quickly, but without feeling rushed, so that I can get on with the rest of my day. I have already recommended this practice to a couple of friends, and I will continue to do so with confidence.
I really appreciate the polite and professional service that Dr. Bajoghli’s practice provides in my dermatologic health. All of his staff make you feel welcome and are concerned for your care. Speaking as someone who neglected his skin care when I was young, I appreciate having a physician who is personally concerned for his patients.